Reading Youth Cabinet are a group of elected representatives for the young people of Reading, who campaign on issues that have been highlighted both locally and nationally. We also make a difference by voicing the opinions of young people to the decision makers.
As a member of the Reading Youth Cabinet you will be:
- Taking part in planning, delivering and evaluating services for young people
- Consulting, meeting and influencing decision makers
- Consulting with young people
- Promoting positive images of young people
- Campaigning for the important issues for young people in Reading
Joining the Youth Cabinet is a fantastic opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, develop personally and also enhance your C.V. or personal statement.
The Youth Cabinet also works with the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), the UK Youth Parliament (UKYP), the Young Inspectors and Children-in-Care Council, senior managers and Councillors and voluntary groups and the community.
At present there are four students from Kendrick School on the Reading Youth Cabinet.