Tips for Personal Safety
Some tips for personal safety –
- Stay alert – awareness is your best defence.
- Travel/walk with friends wherever possible.
- Try to stay in well-lit areas.
- Walk confidently (even if you don’t feel it) towards your destination and avoid having your head buried in your mobile phone (stay alert to your surroundings).
- Waiting for a bus or train – stand in a well-lit place near to other people.
- On a train or bus – if you feel uncomfortable, tell the guard or driver or another adult and remain with them.
- Trust your instincts – if you think something is wrong then act on it.
- Carry a personal alarm and use it when necessary.
If you are a victim:
- Get help immediately.
- In an emergency dial 999
- Make as much noise as you can to alert people.
- As soon as you can, go somewhere you know is safe.