Sixth Form Admission
The deadline for applying for a place in Year 12 in September 2019 was Friday 25th January 2019.
Applications received after the deadline will be treated as late applications, but will be considered if submitted by 1st September 2019. Late applications are those which are received after the closing date (25th January 2019) and so cannot be considered with the “gathered field” of on-time applications.
Late applicants will be added to the Waiting List in order according to their ranking as determined by their predicted GCSE scores.
Kendrick School welcomes new students into its Sixth Form.
Kendrick School is a state funded selective girls’ school with Academy status and offers a 3 or 4 AS/A level pathway in the following courses:
Art & Design ● Biology ● Chemistry ● Drama & Theatre Studies ● Economics ● English Literature ● French ● Geography ● German ● History ● Latin ● Mathematics ● Further Mathematics ● Music ● Physical Education ● Physics ● Philosophy ● Sociology ● Spanish ●
plus the Extended Project Qualification and Level 3 Mathematical Studies (Core Mathematics)
Online applications open on Friday 9th November 2018 and the deadline for applying for a place is Friday 25th January 2019.
For entry into Kendrick School Sixth Form, applicants will normally have to satisfy the following minimum conditions:
- 8 GCSEs grades A* - B or 9-5 two of which must be English Language and Mathematics and all should be from full GCSE courses.
- At least a grade B or 6 at GCSE in the subjects to be studied at AS/A-level.
- Grade B or 6 or above in the Higher Tier is an entry requirement for Mathematics and/or Science AS/A level courses. Students who have taken Foundation Tier GCSE courses in Mathematics and Sciences (rather than Higher Tier) are unlikely to have covered all the appropriate topics from which they can move on to A-level in the context of this school.
- To study a Science subject it would be necessary for an applicant to have achieved at least a Grade B or 6 in Separate Science GCSEs or Grade B or 6 - 6 in Combined Science.
- Students who wish to study Further Mathematics must achieve at Grade A*-A or 9-7 in GSCE Mathematics.
- Students would be expected to have studied GCSE in subjects they wish to study at A-level. In the case of Economics and Sociology where the subjects may not have been studied at GCSE level, Grade B or 6 in English Literature and a Humanity would be required as a minimum condition of entry to the course.
- Students living overseas at the time of application and not taking GCSE courses must provide evidence of the equivalence of their externally taken qualifications to GCSE by an official organisation (for example NARIC).
- Students who are Home Schooled will be asked to provide a reference and predicted GCSE grades from a professional body. In the absence of a reference they may be asked to sit mock GCSE examinations at Kendrick School.
|Open Evening||Thursday 8th November 2018
6.15pm to 8.15pm
|Online application opens||Friday 9th November 2018|
|Deadline for receipt of applications||Friday 25th January 2019|
|Deadline for receiving school references
(requested by Kendrick School)
|Friday 8th February 2019|
|Consultation meetings||w/c Monday 4th March 2019|
|Provisional offers made||by Friday 8th March 2019|
|Deadline for accepting offer||22nd March 2019|
|Sixth Form Induction Day (compulsory)||Thursday 27th June 2019|
|GCSE Results Day||Thursday 22nd August 2019|
|Sixth Form Registration day (compulsory)||Friday 23rd August 2019|
|Start of Term 1, 2019/20||Tuesday 3rd September 2019|
How to Apply
Registration opens on Friday 9th November 2018 and closes at midnight on Friday 25th January 2019.
Before you continue you should read:
Admission Policy for Entry into Year 12 in September 2019
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
In order to submit your registration you will need:
1. A valid email address.
2. Access to a computer or tablet; registration cannot be completed from a mobile phone.
Please ensure you save or print a copy of your registration form once you have submitted it as you will not be able to retrieve at a later date.