Support Staff Vacancies
Kendrick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. Kendrick School is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Outreach and Admissions Administrator
15 hours a week (Monday to Friday), term time only
Core hours 1.00pm to 4.00pm but flexibility required to support events after school
Scale 4: £6,174.50pa (FTE - £18,426)
Kendrick School is a very successful 11-18 girls’ grammar school in the centre of Reading. As an expanding school this is an exciting time to be joining the school as a valued member of the Administration Team.
Required for September 2019 an experienced Administrator who has excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to engage quickly with wide ranging IT solutions to support their work. Experience of event management would be beneficial, as well as a knowledge of marketing through social media. You must be comfortable working under pressure, be able use your own initiative and be proactive, well organised, and enjoy working on your own as well as within a team. A key part of the role will be assisting the Head of Science, Assistant Headteacher and Admissions Officer with the organising and running of events for the school’s outreach programme, in particular the Science Learning Partnership project that the school leads in the local area. Some of this work takes place after school and therefore flexibility with hours will be required.
You will be involved in a wide range of tasks including;
- General administrative support including word processing, inputting data onto spreadsheets and databases.
- Liaising with internal and external clients by email, telephone and face to face
- Creating and adding marketing, course and event information to booking systems and advertising and arranging as appropriate
- Promoting courses and events via social media
- Sending marketing communications via email newsletters
- Supporting course/event presenters and ensuring they have the relevant information and materials to run courses and events
- Course and event administration and management
You will also provide support in the General Office when required with student welfare and first aid.
An application form and a job description can be downloaded from the school website or obtained by contacting Ms Amanda Emberson at the school.
Closing date: 6th September 2019
Kendrick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. Kendrick School is an Equal Opportunity employer