Kendrick School - Widening Horizons
If your daughter is in receipt of pupil premium or is a child in care or previously in care, and you would like to be added to our mailing list to be informed of future events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aims of the Project
- Work with local primary schools to raise aspirations of local children
- Raise awareness of Kendrick School
- Provide a free test familiarisation programme for Year 5 pupil premium students (whose permanent address is within our designated area) who have applied to take the entrance test and provide support to their parents/carers with the entrance test application process as follows:
- A score of 5 points lower than the qualifying score will be applied for pupil premium or service premium students and Looked After Children and Children in Care, whose permanent home address is within Priority Area 1 and Priority Area 2 of the designated area.
- Our Admission policy prioritises pupil premium students which means that all pupil premium students which achieve this lower qualifying score and live within our Priority Area (1 and 2) and put Kendrick School as first choice on their Local Authority secondary school application form will be offered a place at Kendrick School.
- All pupil premium students which apply to sit the Admission test for 2021 entry, and reside within our designated areas, are offered free familiarisation program for the Admission test in the summer and start of the autumn term 2020 which will also help their current school work. This will include free after school sessions at Kendrick School and free access to an online package.
For more information on the event or the Widening Horizons Project, please email email@example.com. Permission will be sought to approach your primary school to confirm eligibility.
Widening Horizons Programme 2021-22
Information Evening – Tuesday 9th November 2021, 4.15pm for Parents and Students (girls) in Years 3, 4 and 5
We are delighted to invite you and your child to an information event at Kendrick School on Tuesday 9th November 2021 between 4.15pm and 5.30pm. At this event we will introduce you to life at Kendrick School and explain how we can support you and your child with the entrance test application process if you decide to apply.
You may not have considered Kendrick School as a secondary school option for your daughter but this is an excellent opportunity for you and her to find out more about us in a friendly and welcoming environment.
The event will consist of fun activities for the students and members of staff will be on hand to answers questions from parents/carers. The programme is as follows:
4.30pm Welcome and introduction from Ms Kattirtzi, Headteacher
4.45pm Activities for students and tours of the school for parents
5.15pm Short talk on the admission process for parents
If you would like to attend this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org giving your child’s full name, current primary school name and year group.
Homework Club – Tuesdays in Term Time, 4pm to 5pm FOR YEAR 5 STUDENTS ONLY
Our virtual Homework Club for Year 5 students will resume on Tuesday 16th November 2021, 4pm to 5pm.
The aims of the Homework Club is to support the student’s learning in a fun and interactive way with our upper school students but also to familiarise them with Kendrick School. The main focus will be on maths and English, however, there will be weeks when they will experience other subjects such as science, music, art or drama.
To take part your child will need access to a device (phone, iPad, laptop, PC) with audio and a camera. If you have problems or concerns with accessing us remotely, please do get in touch with us to let us know.
We ran sessions with last year’s Year 5 students remotely and they were very successful. We had lovely feedback including:
My daughter is enjoying the sessions and she really likes her Sixth Form helper. She is very personable, patient and is a wonderful teacher in the one-to-one sessions. She really is a great ambassador for Kendrick.
Thank you for all the support. My daughter is enjoying the Homework Club and looking forward to it every week. We appreciate the effort and guidance, especially in these tough times. She is getting more confident as she gains extra knowledge. She feels inspired working with the Kendrick student helpers.
To register your interest please email email@example.com. Please note that these sessions are only for girls in receipt of pupil premium or a child in care or previously in care whose home address is within our designated area. We will need to check eligibility when you register so please give authorisation to do this in your email.
Interactive Sessions at Kendrick School – once a term starting in Term 3 – FOR YEAR 3, 4 AND 5 STUDENTS
Once a term we will invite students from Years 3, 4 and 5 to come to Kendrick School to take part in an activity such as music, drama, science, etc. Parents will be welcome to attend as well to meet with us in an informal session, with refreshments, to ask questions about life at Kendrick School and the admission process. Again these sessions are for girls in receipt of pupil premium or a child in care or previously in care whose home address is within our designated area
"My daughter thoroughly enjoyed joining the Tuesday Homework Club remotely. Your sixth form students are a credit to the school’
"I would just like to praise the sixth form student for the remote session she did with my daughter yesterday. She was absolutely brilliant, supportive and explained the questions beautifully”