Kendrick School - Widening Horizons
Kendrick School is expanding and in September 2020 we are delighted to be offering 32 additional places in Year 7. As a result of the expansion, our admission policy for entry into Year 7 in September 2020 has been changed to support our aim to increase access to Kendrick School for disadvantaged students.
Kendrick School’s Widening Horizons Project has been initiated to:
- Work with local primary schools to raise aspirations of local children
- Raise awareness of Kendrick School
- Provide a free test familiarisation programme for Year 5 pupil premium students who have applied to take the entrance test and provide support to their parents/carers with the entrance test application process as follows:
- A score of 5 points lower than the qualifying score will be applied for pupil premium or service premium students and Looked After Children and Children in Care, whose permanent home address is within Priority Area 1 and Priority Area 2 of the designated area.
- Our Admission policy prioritises pupil premium students which means that all pupil premium students which achieve this lower qualifying score and live within our Priority Area (1 and 2) and put Kendrick School as first choice on their Local Authority secondary school application form will be offered a place at Kendrick School.
- All pupil premium students which apply to sit the Admission test for 2020 entry, and reside within our designated areas, are offered free familiarisation program for the Admission test in the summer and start of the autumn term 2019 which will also help their current school work. This will include free after school sessions at Kendrick School and free access to an online package.
For more information on the event or the Widening Horizons Project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission will be sought to approach your primary school to confirm eligibility.