Kendrick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. Kendrick School is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Please complete the application form which you can download below using the guidance notes in the application pack. CVs will not be accepted as a method of application.
- Send the completed form to email@example.com by the closing date.
- Receipt of application will be acknowledged by email.
- We will only contact you again if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Disclosure of Convictions Form to complete which must be returned completed at least one day before the interview.
- We reserve the right to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence obligations on shortlisted candidates and candidates will be provided the opportunity to address any issues of concerns that may come up during the search at interview.
- Please read our Safer Recruitment policy here.
COMPUTING TEACHER (0.3-0.5 FTE)
Experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers welcome to apply
0.3-0.5 FTE (days to be confirmed at interview)
Required for January 2024 a well-qualified and enthusiastic Computing Teacher at this successful 11-18 girls’ grammar school in Reading. Graded ‘Outstanding’ in its recent OFSTED inspection in November 2022, Kendrick School is a centre of academic excellence with a track record of high performance and achievement. There is a possibility that this will extend to a permanent full-time role in September 2024 with the opportunity to teach an additional related subject.
Applicants need to be able to teach Computing to at least Key Stage 3, but ideally throughout the school.
This position would suit a recently qualified teacher who is able to impart passion and enthusiasm for the subject to highly motivated, creative and engaging students. Kendrick School has a very good track record of developing ECTs and the successful candidate would be joining a supportive and very experienced department. More experienced teachers are also welcome to apply. There would be opportunities for professional development and training within the department and the school as a whole.
The recent Ofsted report, November 2022 stated: “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary both in lessons and around the school. They respect and exemplify the values within the school pledge. Pupils love being here. Attendance is high, pupils are punctual, and lessons are free from any low-level disruption”
Kendrick School is a welcoming, inclusive and happy community, with students who are engaging, cooperative and eager to learn. Benefits include free car parking, a contributory pension scheme, training and development and use of the swimming pool and sporting facilities.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded below or obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVS cannot be accepted as a method of application.
Please email email@example.com to express an interest in this role.
Visits to the school are welcome in the new academic year. Please contact Amanda Emberson-Powney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange.
We reserve the right to close the application process early if a suitable candidate becomes available. Interviews will take place as applicants apply.
Kendrick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. Kendrick School is an Equal Opportunity employer