Admission into Year 7 in September 2020
The application process for entry into Year 7 in September 2020 closed at midnight on Friday 14th June 2019. Late applications will NOT be accepted unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Applicants who are sitting the tests at Kendrick School will receive an email no later than 8th July outlining the test day instructions. The email will include a link to a registration card which must be signed by the primary school and the parent/carer and brought to the test session.
For existing applications, to change a photograph or print a copy of your application please see the section 'Applying to Take the Test' below.
Open Evening - Recording of Talks
Our Open Evening took place on Thursday 25th April 2019. We are unable to offer individual tours of the school but please Click here for the recording of the talks during the evening.
Admission into Year 7 in September 2020
Admission to Year 7 in September 2020 is by entrance examination. The test consists of two papers assessing verbal, numerical and non-verbal ability.
Testing will take place on Saturday 14th September 2019 and parents will be able to register their child online for the test from 1st May 2019 and no later than midnight on Friday 14th June 2019. Parents will receive notification of the test outcome prior to the deadline for completion of the Common Application Form.
Please click on the link below for the slides from the admission presentation at Open Evening.
Widening Horizons - Pupil Premium/Service Premium/Child in Care
As part of the Widening Horizons Project, Kendrick School offers the following support for pupil premium students for entry into Year 7 at Kendrick School from September 2020:
- A score of 5 points lower than the qualifying score will be applied for pupil premium or service premium students and Looked After Children and Children in Care, whose permanent home address is within Priority Area 1 and Priority Area 2 of the designated area.
- Our Admission policy prioritises pupil premium students which means that all pupil premium students which achieve this lower qualifying score and live within our Priority Area (1 and 2) and put Kendrick School as first choice on their Local Authority secondary school application form will be offered a place at Kendrick School
- All pupil premium students which apply to sit the Admission test for 2020 entry are offered free familiarisation program for the Admission test in the summer and start of the autumn term 2019 which will also help their current school work. This will include free after school sessions at Kendrick School and free access to an online package.
For more information on the Widening Horizons project please click on the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligibility will be sought from the primary school.
Kendrick School operate a designated area as part of its oversubscription criteria. The address which will be used for consideration for this purpose will be the applicant’s permanent address at 31st August 2019. For more information on the designated area, please click on the link below.
This familiarisation booklet is designed to inform parents and candidates about the Entrance Test in order to:
- Give a feel for the appearance of the actual assessment
- Introduce some of the symbols and phrases used in the assessment
- Inform parents and candidates of the invigilation procedure
- Indicate the range of disciplines that will be tested
- Highlight the range of answer formats used in the assessment.
This booklet also includes examples to indicate the range of skills required to complete the assessment and the manner in which questions are answered. This familiarisation booklet is NOT definitive and the inclusion of any question types does not guarantee that they will be found in the final assessment.
Please note: There are no practice test papers for this assessment: resources available in bookshops or on the internet are not genuine CEM resources. This familiarisation booklet is the only official CEM 11+ resource available for this assessment.
Applying to Take the Test
The online admission form closed on midnight on Friday 14th June 2019. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
Test Day Arrangements - Saturday 14th September 2019
The test day instructions have now (Wednesday 10th July) been sent out to all candidates sitting the admission tests at Kendrick School on Saturday 14th September 2019. If you have not received this email by Friday 12th July, please first check your junk/spam folder before emailing email@example.com giving your daughter's full name, date of birth, and Unique ID. Please do not telephone the school with your query.
Candidates who have requested special arrangements will be sent a separate email by 19th July.
The generic test day instructions can be downloaded below:
Test Results and Standardisation
Papers are marked centrally by CEM who then carry out a standardisation process.
Standardisation is a statistical procedure whereby raw scores (number of questions answered correctly) are converted to standardised scores to make it fair for candidates of all ages. The procedure takes into account the scores and ages of all the candidates that take the test on the same day and for the same school.
Notification of Test Results
The applicant will receive results of the entrance tests before the deadline for submission of the Common Application Form.
A link to the test results will be emailed to applicants before 31st October to complete the Common Application Form (CAF). Candidates will be notified of their standardised score and be informed if they have met the standard for Kendrick School or not. We cannot give a more specific timescale for receipt of results at this stage.
For more information on completing the Common Application Form (CAF) and allocation of places, please refer to the Admission Guidelines below.